Saturday, September 24, 2011

Death Dealer commission , part 4


(Yesterday)
Yet another attempt to get the right posture, with just the right amount of explosiveness. Not too much, not too little... And although I liked the subtlety of the pencil work of this drawing, I had to abandon it because it still did not feel right.


(Today)
I think I GOT it right this time…This evening, while waiting for my diner to be ready, I did this little sketch. Although I gave myself a free day, I could not forget about the drawing and I kept seeing Death Dealer in my mind. One of these inner pictures showed me the way…However, I think I should wait until tomorrow morning, for the morning is wiser than the evening, in order to see whether I actually have captured the right movement, or not…If yes, the rest of the drawing shouldn’t be a problem… I think…
A-


B-

2 comments:

  1. These are really very nice. I think you got a lot of that movement in stillness to the shapes and angles of the limbs now. Maybe there's still a little something you could do with the torso area, if I may be so bold to say so. Maybe thrust the belly outward a bit to get a more of a slant to the chest and get a really manly overbearing aspect to the whole posture! I think there's a hint of that in the pencil sketch already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Petar,

    ...Yes,this is the dynamic I think,somehow the change to the right side of the movement does it...it makes the figure seem to come up turning into the stance because of the right leg being placed lower.Less static, more movement.
    But then, what do I know....

    Best, Mark T.

    ReplyDelete